Healthcare preparedness for SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19
Recorded On: 03/17/2020
- Registration Closed. Maximum Number of Registrants reached.
IP Competency: Novice, Proficient, Expert
Duration: 60 minutes Available through: 12/31/2023
Healthcare facilities face ongoing challenges related to preparing for and responding to emerging infectious diseases, including the novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (which causes the disease coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19). Healthcare facilities must have a comprehensive emergency management plan that addresses the unique challenges in responding to COVID-19 and other events that result in a surge of contagious patients. The purpose of this webinar is to outline evidence-based recommendations, best practices, and Joint Commission Standards for managing an influx of infectious patients, including an outbreak or pandemic involving COVID-19.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the current epidemiology of SARS-CoV-2, which causes the disease COVID-19.
- Outline evidence-based recommendations, best practices, and Joint Commission Standards for managing an influx of infectious COVID-19 patients.
- Describe infection prevention strategies needed to prepare for an influx of infectious patients.
- Outline crisis standards of care related to the use of masks and respirators during outbreaks of COVID-19.
Disclaimer: This program is supported through an unrestricted grant from Aerobiotix.
Group Site License: Registration includes one internet connection and one telephone connection at one location and an unlimited number of participants from your organization in one listening room.
Terri Rebmann, PhD, RN, CIC, FAPIC
Associate Dean for Academic and Faculty Affairs, Director of the Institute for Biosecurity, and a Professor of Epidemiology in the Saint Louis University College for Public Health & Social Justice
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an on-line evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.
All Event Center users/viewers must access the meeting with an HTML 5 supported web browser. To confirm if you are ready to participate in a web meeting, please take the browser test:
Below are more specific user requirements for the EventCenter web technology.
Minimum System Requirements:
2.0Ghz Processor or faster
2 GB RAM (Greater than 2 GB recommended)
Minimum Browser Requirements:
Browser must support HTML-5. To detect your browser version, run https://whichbrowser.net/
Windows 7 or later
Mac OS X 10.9 or later
Chrome 60 or greater
Firefox 52 or greater
Edge 14 or greater
Safari 10 or greater
iOS 10 or greater
Internet Explorer 11
IP Addresses and Ports to Allow for HTML5:
22.214.171.124 port 80, 443 (web and audio)
126.96.36.199 port 80, 443 (web and audio)
188.8.131.52 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
184.108.40.206 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
220.127.116.11 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
Technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you watching this webinar with a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a certificate.
Note: Each group member must register themselves for the survey via this link using your APIC username and password: Survey and Certificate Access.
At the end of the event, you will receive a verification code. All group members must have this verification code to access the survey and certificate.
Upon completion of the program:
- Log in to webinars.apic.org and select “Dashboard”.
- Select the webinar you just viewed followed by the Contents tab
- Input the verification code in the space provided and submit
- Complete the webinar survey
- Print Certificate
Direct any questions to email@example.com.